2017 was one of my worst years as far as self care goes. I find it to be extremely difficult to set time aside to stop working and do something for myself that makes me feel good and well taken care of. I can say with 100% confidence that I have not shaved my legs in over a month and that really bothers me sometimes. I want to take care of myself and make myself feel like ladylike and feminine. Most of 2017 I did not feel that way. I felt like a dirty little troll that would do the bare minimum to care of herself. I ate like crap, didn’t exercise, and did basically nothing that made myself feel like a well put together person.
This year will be different and here is my plan for how I am going to take better care of myself in the new year:
- Eat cleaner: less casseroles, more carrots. When I eat healthier, more whole foods I feel 100% better than I do when I eat whatever I think tastes best or is the easiest.
- Workout daily: dance, dance, dance. I absolute LOVE to dance and truly believe it is one of the best forms of exercise. I also plan to try yoga again this year. I want to lose weight, gain muscle and be confident in my body again. I am sick of hiding my body from the world and my husband. I know that he loves me no matter what, but I want to feel good about myself again because I know that there is nothing more attractive than someone who is confident in themselves, in every aspect.
- Drink more water: no soda, less coffee. These last few months I have not been drinking near enough water. I have been inhaling soda to try and get energy and quench my thirst, which is TERRIBLE for me and I have recently found a coffee that I absolutely love. My goal this year is to fill my 16 oz water bottle and drink it all at least three times and limit myself to one cup of coffee a day.
- Get outside everyday: breathe in, breath out. This is something that I started to implement at the end of 2017 and it has made me feel so good. Each day no matter what the weather I want to make a point to get outside for at least 20 minutes. I take the pups with me and we go on a nice walk in the woods. Something about the fresh, forest air is so satisfying.
- Listen to music while I work: no more Netflix. I am making a point of it to only listen to music while I work this year. I have some great pandora stations that I love to listen to when I work and it makes me so much more productive than when I have a TV show or movie going. Music also has way of controlling my mood and I only listen to things that make me happy during the work day.
- Take a bath every Friday night: splish, splash. I absolutely LOVE taking baths. I love water and have my entire life. Something about it calms me down and clears my head. My goal is to end my weeks with a relaxing epsom salt bath where I can shave my legs, moisturize afterwards and go into the weekend feeling clean and refreshed.
- Read books that entertain me: less screen time please. I plan to read quite a few books that will educate me and help me grow as a business owner, wife and future mother. However, I am a sucker for a good non-fiction book. I would love to read at least ten books this year that are fun, entertaining reads for me.
- Focus on blogging: I forgot how much I love to write until I started this blog last month. It helps me decompress and get my thoughts out. There is something so therapeutic about writing for me and I would love to turn this into a consistent part of my life, that can start to bring me in some extra cash!
I plan to update everyone on how my self care plan is going throughout the year and let you know what is working and what is not!